The Discovery Community Fund supports improvements to the health and independence of people with learning disabilities and/or autism across Somerset.
The fund, the result of the groundbreaking partnership between Somerset County Council and Discovery, is awarding grants of between £500-50,000 to projects that support the health and independence of people with learning disabilities in Somerset.
The next window for applications lasts from 23 September 2019 to 31 October 2019, with the application process managed by the Somerset Community Foundation. This round of grant funding will focus on six priority areas:
- Strengthening the transition to young adulthood
- Tackling health inequalities
- Supporting people into employment
- Removing barriers to community spaces
- Combatting hate crime
- Putting people in the lead