By joining Discovery you will enjoy a rewarding role working with a great team of people – all with a shared goal of helping people get more from life. We want all our colleagues to be able to reach their potential, and offer a wide range of career and management development programmes to help you achieve your goals.
We are part of the Dimensions group, and you will gain access to all of their staff benefits, including:
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days
- A pension, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme.
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance.
- Discounts and cashback on high street and online shopping.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through our Long Service Awards
- £200 recommend a friend scheme
- Learn to Drive scheme, covering 30 hours of paid lessons, one theory test and one practical test (subject to meeting operational and staffing criteria).
- Within the first 12 weeks of working with us, we’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate – a requirement for everyone working in the health and social care sector.
- The opportunity to join the award-winning Aspire programme, which enables participants to explore opportunities to progress with help from a professional career coach, through training, job shadowing and networking opportunities.
Interested in joining us? Apply now
Support Workers and Managers
As a member of our operations team you will be responsible for supporting people with learning disabilities and autism to get the most out of life. You won’t just care for them; you’ll support them to achieve their goals, and that can bring enormous job satisfaction.
The people we support and the people who work with us are at the heart of everything we do. To recruit Support Workers we use a values led recruitment process. This means we’re looking at who you are rather than what you bring. We want to make sure you connect with, and have similar interests to, the person you might support.
Business Support Roles
By joining our business support team you’ll use market leading technology and tools to help us become an exemplar organisation, making sure we’re the best we can be.
We encourage all colleagues to have a healthy work-life balance, and we’ll work with you to regularly re-evaluate your role and identify opportunities to develop your skills and career.
We recognise that Business Support roles are no less important in ensuring that we can provide great support to people with learning disabilities and autism. Just as the cleaners at NASA headquarters famously knew their roles were just as vital in putting a man on the moon in 1961.
Your hard work and dedication won’t go unnoticed. You’ll make a real difference to people’s lives and could be nominated for our Inspiring People recognition scheme.
Employing People with Learning Disabilities and Autism
We encourage the people we support to find meaningful work. And, every year, we are employing more people with learning disabilities and autism across the organisation in a variety of jobs. Their vital roles help make sure we’re being the best we can be for the people we support.
Our Quality Consultants monitor and support our services to make sure they are giving the right support in a safe, inclusive environment. Their work is crucial in maintaining and improving our standards of care across the country.